This blog has been merged with The Dusty Cellar. All new content will appear there. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cairnwood at Night


This is just a fun photo.
I took the photo of Cairnwood 
in Bryn Athyn, PA with a star filter.
The moon was full that night, 
but not in the right location. 
So I moved it. :)
Gotta love photoshop!
 
A star filter is simply a filter with cross hatches on it.
The light travels along those hatch lines
creating a star like look.

Replacing the moon was relatively easy.
I cropped the moon from a separate photo
where I had darkened the sky to black.
Then, I placed that moon photo on top
of this photo in the location I wanted it and re-sized it.
To make the crop marks disappear
I changed the moon's layer opacity to screen
which removed all the black and just left the moon.