This blog has been merged with The Dusty Cellar. All new content will appear there. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Iris at Princeton



I have started traveling light when I go hiking or biking
with my husband.
(After all, I need all the help I can get.)
Instead of taking my camera backpack and gear
I take my old little Rebel xt and a 50mm lens.
It is just so easy and light.
And since the pics are just for fun,
the missing pixels are ok.
It really makes you think about how you are going
to capture a photo with a 50mm as your only option,
or any prime lens for that matter.

When I started shooting film in 1984,
50mm was kind of the slr standard lens.
I had some other lenses,
but the 50 was always on my Canon AE-1.
I think it is good to go back
to the basics sometimes.